Seasons In Exile

The writings of a man reinventing himself out of necessity...

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Dagor Dagorath

The board is set... The pieces are moving...

The life transition has begun. Leaving who I was and becoming Jon, the hopefully-happy guy with a clean slate, has started, and I honestly couldn't be more relieved. But the battle is just begining, and in order to come out of this on top, I'm going to have to play some very personal cards.

The hardest thing in these types of situations is the fact that you have to leave behind everything you've ever known, no look-backs.

In my case, though, this isn't the hardest thing. Given my social status among my old haunts, I have no qualms about turning my back on them. They had done nothing but make my life miserable for reasons unknown to me to this day. Thanks to thier ignorance, my decision has been made a little easier.

And given my birth history (unknown biological parents), it's also a bit easier to seperate myself from the very family that has given me my life. Heartless, you say? Not entirely. While I will miss them when I go, I will never forget them, and in fact will forever remain in their debt. But what has to be done, has to be done.

I am now in the business of self-preservation. And let me tell you, it's an ugly business...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home